Hardwood for the price of Softwood thru fully owned proper production
Preventive and Regular Maintenance
· Blot up spills and spots immediately.
· Vacuum, dust mop or sweep the floor to minimize abrasive grit and dirt. Note: Do not use vacuum with beater bars.
· Occasionally wipe the floor with a wrung--out damp sponge-mop or cloth.
· Periodically clean the floor with WearMax Floor Cleaner, specially formulated for ceramic-based finishes.
· DO NOT use wax, polish or abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder.
Protecting your Investment
· Use quality vinyl back area rugs and door mats by outdoor entrance areas to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances such as oil, asphalt or driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor.
· Use floor protectors and wide-bearing leg bases/rollers to minimize indentations from heavy objects. As a rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector should be.
· Maintain a normal indoor relative humidity level of 40% to 60% throughout the year, to minimize the natural expansion and contraction of wood.
· Avoid gouges or cuts in your floor from sharp objects. While your Award Floor is the most wear-resistant floor on the market, sharp or pointed objects can nevertheless damage it.
· Don't walk on your floor with "stiletto-style" heels; they may cause indentations.
· Rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly. UV sunlight will change the color of different species to varying degrees.
· Keep pet's nails trimmed and filed in order to minimize indentations.
· Use a dolly with wide-base air-tires when moving heavy appliances or furniture. But first, put down a clean sheet of quarter-inch plywood or masonite to protect the floor. Never try to slide or rolls heavy objects across the floor without precautions.
· Minor damage can be easily repaired with finishing putty available in matching colors.
· For more extensive damage, your dealer can recommend a professional who can replace individual boards or an entire area with new flooring. Generally, even extensive replacement is a simple procedure.
Installation Over Radiant-Heated
· Subfloors Award Longship Flooring may be installed over radiant-heated subfloors provided the subfloor is structurally sound and heat is regulated not to exceed 82¼F. (Limited to Oak Patterns Only)